Keepass for PC: KeePass is a powerful portable password manager for PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X). Many of us use the same password over and again hoping, easy password management. But, this practice is highly risky. This means that if someone hacks or cracks your password, then they can log into any of your accounts. They may even Stealing your sensitive data and completely jeopardize your security. Having a separate, lengthy, and random password for every single website you use is considered to be the best way to secure data.
KeePass for PC saves different types of information such as user names, passwords, URLs, file attachments and comments in one single database. For a better management, the user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry. Furthermore, the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as well. The software has an integrated search function that allows users to search in a single group or the complete database.
Download KeePass For PC/Laptop:
KeePass provides a small utility program for secure password generation. Keepass password manager is very customizable, fast and easy to use. Someone who generates passwords frequently would appreciate this feature.
The complete database is always encrypted either with AES or Twofish encryption algorithm using a 256-bit key. Therefore, the saved information can be considered as quite safe. KeePass uses a database that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. This makes the use of that application even more favorable each of your username and password pair in an encrypted database. The database is then protected by a single master password or a key (the only one you have to remember). It doesn’t store your database in the cloud unless you upload it there.
You can easily download KeePass for Laptop, PC and can port it on a USB stick for most other operating systems. The interface is as busy as it is robust. For example, KeePass supports password groups for sorting passwords. You can drag and drop passwords into most windows or use a hot key to type your login information into windows automatically. You can also quickly copy user names and passwords to the clipboard with a double-click on a field in the password list. And KeePass can import data from a widely used format like CSV, while the password list can be exported to formats such as TXT, HTML or XML.
KeePass for PC Features:
- Strong security—KeePass uses AES encryption technology to encrypt its password databases, SHA-256 password hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, and more.
- Portability—KeePass is portable, which means that you may carry it on a USB stick and run or directly install it on a personal computer.
- Easy Data Transfer—A password database, consisting of a single file, is easy to transfer between computers.
- Multiple user keys—Keepass uses a master password to decrypt the complete database or carry a key file with you.
- Powerful password generator—KeePass password generator that generates passwords based on character sets, patterns, and with much more options.
- Extensibility —KeePass provides plugin architecture for advanced features and supports over 40 languages.
- KeePass password generator supports multi-factor authentication and can handle non-standard login sequences. Plugins provide advanced features.
- Keepass Auto-type feature automatically fills the necessary login information whenever you access a Web site and need to enter the credentials. That way, you don’t have to switch back and forth from looking up the correct log-in and then typing it in, yourself.
- KeePass download takes some time for warm up. Hence, users who are new to Keepass may get confused with the interface filled with features.
So if you want to take control of your password nightmare and want a place where you can store your usernames and passwords without worrying about the security keepass for windows seems to be a good place to start!